You know and love your community- why not give back to it? As an Editor for Community Impact, you will craft digital and print news editions that directly benefit the people around you in the Sugar Land Community. Our Editors guide reporters, ensure that our stories are formatted for digital and print publications, and partner with our Design team to ensure that what we produce is both beautiful and informative while also contributing 1-2 articles per day. As one of the primary contacts to the community, our Editors are highly respected, valued, and trusted both inside and outside of our organization.
This role will have coverage responsibility over Sugar Land, with office hours at our Jersey Village facility. Following approximately 30 days of fully in-person training, this role will be hybrid and will have office hours 2-3 times per week.
You should apply to our Editor role if you:
- Have a penchant for identifying hard news leads and news opportunities in your community
- Notice areas of needed improvement in the print and digital news you consume
- Can balance multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Have at 3+ years of experience writing for digital and/or print news publications and ideally have experience as an assistant editor
- Have 1-2 years of experience directly coaching writers in a newsroom environment
- Earned your Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or a related field
- Have mastered AP style
Salary: A starting salary of $50,000 per year (and up with experience)
For further details click here.