CPR News is seeking an Audience Editor.
About the Position:
The Audience Editor works with multiple CPR news teams to ensure we are thinking intentionally about who our journalism does and doesn’t serve. The Audience Editor poses questions, prompts introspection and suggests action that ensures we are serving and earning trust of a broad diversity of Coloradans. This position’s work ranges from up-to-the-minute, deadline-driven writing, editing and production of news stories to the long-term work of earning trust of Colorado communities. The Audience Editor’s work is connected to the overall success of CPR in attracting and developing relationships with audiences — measuring their success and the newsroom’s success through key performance indicators.
The new hire is expected to reside in the Denver Metro area upon starting – this is not a remote position.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
- You have an understanding of and interest in growing and serving audiences of different backgrounds and interests in a city.
- You have a demonstrated ability to develop audiences through your familiarity with audience-first thinking, audience data analysis and useful, meaningful journalism.
- You can lead projects, handle major initiatives, and work on deadline while managing tough decisions.
- You have a teaching and mentoring style of communication in helping others examine their audience engagement approach.
- You have experience with analytics tools, content management systems and a demonstrated comfort with learning other similar technologies and tools (such as HTML or CSS).
- 3 – 5 years of experience related to the position. This experience should include exercising impeccable news judgment, strong writing and editing skills, and an understanding of how different news stories might earn trust or distrust with different audiences.
- Experience with working in a deadline driven environment that requires juggling multiple priorities.
- Experience with looking up, understanding and analyzing audience data (including an understanding of how social media platforms differ in terms of audience) to make tactical decisions to further develop audiences.
- Experience with crafting headlines, captions, web copy, email newsletter content and in working with mobile displays, SEO and social media platforms.
- Experience with analytics tools (such as Google Analytics or Parse.ly) and content management systems (such as WordPress).
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- While not required, it’s preferable if candidates know how to write and speak in Spanish fluently.
- While not required, it’s preferable if candidates have knowledge of the Denver metro area
- A fully relevant degree might replace some of the minimum years of experience required to qualify for this position.
Hiring Range: Grade 18 – $64,200 – $85,500
Structure Title: Associate Editor, Digital Production
Starting Pay: based on education and experience.
Application Deadline: March 14th, 2023
For more details click here.