Colorado Public Radio News seeks data reporter
Colorado Public Radio News is looking for a data reporter who will:
- Develop, research, report and execute stories built around data and in-person reporting
- Use FOIA and state public records laws to acquire data
- Organize, search and analyze data
- Help train other journalists in data reporting when needed and assist in reviewing other’s data work
- Scrape websites and build data visualizations using programs like D3.js
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience in tools to analyze data and database management, such as SQL or PostgreSQL, Excel and other programs
- Proficiency in scripting language like Python or Ruby
- Experience in daily journalism, focused on the use of data in investigation
Candidates must be available to work during non-standard working hours and weekend on-call shifts, as needed.
The position is based in CPR’s downtown Denver newsroom and will include travel.