CoinDesk seeks ME for global macro and policy
Leading a team of reporters in the U.S., Asia and Europe, the Managing Editor for Global Macro & Policy will play a vital role in CoinDesk’s coverage expansion. The team’s stories will cover and explore new developments in the fiat and fiat-backed digital currency space, as well as the prospective transformation of credit markets and other aspects of the traditional global financial system that accompany them. They will also address the debates and regulatory responses that these technological and structural changes to the financial system elicit. The goal is to produce a suite of coverage that captures both the details behind these new ideas and policies and broad macroeconomic and geopolitical implications. The editor will work closely with editors and reporters in other beats, especially in tech and business to keep CoinDesk on top or the latest developments.
The Managing Editor for Global Macro & Policy will coordinate coverage among the reporters in their team and will be expected to write stories of their own. Pieces will be of varying styles, from short-form news pieces to news analysis and long-form investigations, and will from time to time have multimedia content associated with them. There will also play a role in our events programming and, where needed, work with the research team to flesh out its deep-dive insight reports into global macro trends.
The Managing Editor for Global Macro & Policy and policy editor will report to the Executive Editor.
- Assigning, shaping, editing, writing and publishing high-quality stories about global macro and policy trends that help CoinDesk acquire, maintain and engage a growing global audience.
- Hiring, managing, evaluating and mentoring reporters in different locations around the world.
- Take ownership of a new newsletter that captures and analyzes the biggest stories on this beat/vertical and presents them with an authoritative, personal voice.
- Create new editorial products — like longform, evergreen, and data visualizations — to provide readers with valuable resources (e.g. interactive map).
- Coordinating with other CoinDesk’s content departments to produce engaging multimedia material such as videos and podcasts related to global macro topics.
- Working with editors in CoinDesk’s overseas affiliates (Korea, Japan, China and others TBD) to tap translated versions of their coverage of relevant topics, to share reporting resources, and to widen all parties’ overall coverage and audience reach.
- Participating in daily senior editor news meetings and Slack channels to help craft the editorial team’s overall output in a coherent, productive and audience-engaging manner.
- Participating in events programming related to global macro topics and, where needed, working with the research team to help them flesh out deep-dive insight reports into global macro trends.
To apply, go here.