CoinDesk is seeking a reporter to cover technology with a particular focus on cryptocurrencies, blockchains, and distributed ledgers.
Our ideal candidate will have at least two years of journalism experience as a reporter and possess both a solid understanding of how various blockchain protocols and open-source software development work and an ability to communicate complex topics in simple, straightforward language. Story types will range from quick news hits to in-depth analysis pieces and profiles of influential figures.
The position will require a dogged approach to reporting, strong news instincts, a commitment to accuracy, an eye for overarching themes and patterns, and above all a deep intellectual curiosity and a true passion for the subject matter. You will report to the managing editor for technology.
- Conceive, report and write 2-3 high-impact articles per week on the technology beat.
- Contribute additional short, “quick hit” pieces to a new CoinDesk news service of slimmed-down stories
- Propose and contribute to a monthly thematic series of articles.
- Develop sources in the developer and tech communities.
- Collaborate with CoinDesk’s multimedia (podcast and video) and events teams to tell stories in innovative ways.
- Assist the tech editor with special projects
To apply, go here.