CoinDesk is looking for a Senior Producer, Live Broadcast to join its growing digital video team.
This person is ready to roll up his or her sleeves to help launch “CoinDesk TV” with an exciting slate of daily & weekly live and taped shows. While it would be great and certainly provide an edge, you don’t need to be an expert (yet) on all things crypto and blockchain.
We’re looking for a proven leader who is obsessed with news that matters and knows how to create and run compelling shows that connect the dots on technology, markets, the economy, politics, pop culture and humanity. The ideal candidate has impeccable editorial judgment, strong writing and editing skills and is experienced with running a live control room. Most important, you must be a team player who leads by example and works well with your own staff as well as other departments. This position is based at our headquarters office in New York City.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the Executive Producer and wider editorial team to develop and launch original new live programs on brand for CoinDesk
- Managing and coaching a small team of producers and bookers
- Leading the show production process, including development of daily rundowns, story selection, bookings, graphics generation, video editing and script writing.
- Working closely and coordinating effectively with on-air talent on best ways to deliver content and diverse points of view
- Coordinating with technical staff and being a control room leader to execute clean, visually compelling, high-quality shows
- Leading and overseeing the post-production process of editing and distribution plans for VOD and CMS management
- Participating in wider editorial meetings
- Making quick and smart editorial decisions in response to breaking news while remaining calm under pressure
- Gathering, studying and making recommendations based on data analytics related to live show(s) and VOD content on various digital media platforms
- Exercising strong editorial judgment and adhering to company’s standards and practices
To apply, go here.