CNNMoney seeks tech writers
CNNMoney, CNN’s fast growing digital platform for business news, is hiring several writers to play a key role on its expanding tech team.
We’re looking for journalists with a passion for technology – an obsession with the way that tech impacts our lives. The offbeat, the surprising, the absurd – we want to tell the stories that get people talking around the dinner table.
We’re looking for journalists who can pivot easily between breaking news and longer-term stories, who prize source development and deep reporting. We want writers with interest and expertise in at least one of the following areas: the business of tech, innovation, and culture. Most importantly, we want writers who are excited (and maybe a little bit scared) about the way that technology has permeated all of our lives – and want to find a new way to tell those stories.
What will you be doing?
- Researches, writes and revises material in assigned subject area(s)
- Writes material that is usable and appropriate for assigned products and programs
- Keeps current in assigned areas
- Show strong social media presence
- Interacts with internal and external peers and/or managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities
- Researches and develops information sources and maintains and enhances a reliable source network
What do we need from you?
- Ideal candidates will have minimum 3+ years of experience of editorial and writing experience creating
- Strong research and writing skills
- Good knowledge of financial markets and a keen interest in investing and business news
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast high pressure environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Television-Film Production, Communications, or related discipline or equiv. work experience
To apply, go here.