CNN seeks supervising producer for business coverage
The Supervising Producer oversees the daily newsgathering of the business team for both television and digital, running coverage of economy, business news and the politics and policy that impacts companies and consumers.
The supervising producer will manage a team of television correspondents and producers and a team editors, reporters and writers, ensuring the network is on top of key stories each day, as well as breaking news and enterprise reporting.
- He/she will ensure the network is positioned to cover stories on tv and online, responsible for integrity of the reporting, quality of the presentation and timeliness
- He/she coordinates with the assignment desk and show producers to determine strategy on day-of-air and breaking news coverage
- He/she assigns producers and correspondents, plans for coverage and meets with the unit to discuss editorial content and elements
- He/she directs and oversees live reporting, and communicates developments to reporters, producers, the assignment desk and shows
- He/she approves scripts and wires; coordinates discussion with the Legal and Standards & Practices departments; and views final edited produced packages when possible
- He/she works with the managing editor, and planning staff to coordinate coverage of developing stories
- He/she leads, coaches, and develops staff by setting expectations against business objectives and competencies
- Establishes goals and standards by demonstrating a team-oriented approach to business solutions
- Other duties as assigned in 24/7 work environment
What do we need from you?
- Extensive experience in editorial decision-making, 10-plus years, with most in management
- Experience in covering business and economy and a track record of involvement in industry leading reporting
- Proven ability to work with all levels of management and talent
- Proven leadership and ability to build a team
- College degree (journalism or law desired)
To apply, go here.