Your New Role:
The Associate Producer works closely with show producers to find best video and elements for segments within CNN systems and elsewhere. The Associate Producer cuts sound bites and VOs, orders and creates graphics and cuts down pre-taped interviews.
Your Role Accountabilities:
- Responsible for calling elements in the control room.
- Responsible for pitching both segment and guest ideas for the program and helping producers with research for guest segments.
- Work closely with rights and clearances, affiliate desk and assignment desks to ensure best video is used and sourced properly.
- Code video and create banners, and work under extremely tight deadlines.
- Work closely in the control room with writers, line producer and senior producers on best sound bites and VOs for live reads and teases.
- Must be able to regularly work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in network television or major-market news production.
- Newsroom & live control room experience preferred.
- Familiarity with CNN video databases such as Mediasource is very helpful.
- Graphics production experience including experience with the “Viz Pilot” graphics device helpful.
- Non-linear video editing experience also important.
- Must demonstrate strong research skills.
- Must be team-oriented, able to take direction from producers and control room personnel, capable of meeting deadlines and functioning calmly in high-pressure situations including breaking news.
- Must be computer literate, have strong internet research skills, and the ability to learn internal digital video archives.
- Experience in control room is a plus.
Salary: $48,266 – $89,638 a year
For more information click here.