CNN Business seeks an editor in New York
CNN Business needs an enterprising, engaged and organized editor to help us ensure we cover each day’s most-talked-about business, tech, markets and economy stories.The editor would be responsible for assigning, developing and editing breaking news and enterprise stories from our team of writers across many different beats. The job also involves reporting and writing.
The editing/writing split will be determined by editorial demand, newsroom needs and schedule. The ideal candidate must love business news, with a strong news judgment about companies, their leaders, stocks and strategies. The Editor should be adept at story framing and knowledgeable about news stories on a wide variety of business topics.
They should be skeptical, but not cynical — genuinely excited by the changes and disruptions occurring in Wall Street, board rooms and beyond, but also ready to take a critical look at them. CNN Business is a dynamic, global news operation. This position spans a Sunday through Thursday workweek.
What do we need from you?
– At least 3 years of writing or editing experience
– Strong reporting, writing and editing skills
– Robust knowledge of and fascination with all things business
– A passion for journalism, unwavering dedication to accuracy, and dogged reporting skills
– Strong organization, communication and interpersonal skills
But wait, there’s more!