CNN Business seeks a tech reporter
CNN Business is seeking a Tech Reporter. This reporter will produce daily news stories, analysis and features on the social platform beat, including Facebook, YouTube, Snap and TikTok. We strive to approach corporate spin with skepticism and to bring our readers smart stories about the tech companies that impact their daily lives. We’re driven to cover the tools, toolmakers and the end users of these ever-evolving communication tools. We’re looking for a reporter who is passionate about holding powerful corporations and people accountable and who thrives in a fast-paced newsroom.
- Pitch ideas and write compelling, original stories that adhere to the technology desk’s editorial mission
- Work across the CNN newsroom to strengthen our coverage of social platforms
- Build sources in the corporate, investor, research and policy sectors
- Spot trends in how consumers use platforms and how it impacts their behavior
- Three or more years of related experience
- Excellent writing and reporting skills
- Ability to generate your own pitch ideas and find unique angles in breaking news
- Must have sound editorial news judgment and an awareness of current technology trends.
- A fascination with how technology is transforming society
- An interest in reporting on how technology impacts marginalized communities
- A background in tech policy AND/OR misinformation reporting would be an asset, but it’s not required
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, 24/7 news environment
To apply, go here.