CNN Business seeks a senior tech editor
CNN Business is expanding its presence in Silicon Valley to deepen its business coverage of the companies and technologies disrupting every sector of the global economy.
What part will you play?
-We are looking for a Senior Tech Editor will play a key role in the CNNMoney newsroom — finding, assigning and editing stories and managing a team of reporters covering technology.
-The Section Editor will oversee Tech but will work with other CNNMoney teams in the US and abroad.
What will you be doing?
– Identify, assign and line edit tech stories appropriate for CNNMoney
– Manage, mentor and teach reporters
– Plan news and long-term coverage
– Work closely with other newsroom disciplines including video, design, development
What do we need from you?
– 7-10 years of editorial news experience
– Track record of success in busy newsrooms
– Experience collaborating with other editors and reporters
– Strong communication skills
– Experience covering or demonstrated passion for technology
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple priorities
– Facility to work across a complex global organization
– Bachelor Degree in communication, journalism, TV production, or related field preferred. In lieu of a degree, we would consider experience and on the job accomplishments.
– Strong news judgement
– Strong line editing and writing skills – Strong collaboration and communication skills – Ability to mentor and teach reporters
– Demonstrated passion for breaking news
To apply, go here.