CNN Business seeks a consumer products editor
CNN Business is hiring a section editor in New York to run its coverage of consumer products, from food to retail to cannabis and lots of stuff in between.
We’re looking for an enterprising, engaged and organized editor. The ideal candidate loves covering breaking news in their area, and always has a smart idea for how their reporters can get that news out quickly and then push it forward. You should feel equally passionate about breaking news of your own and about enterprise and long-form stories.
They should be skeptical, but not cynical — genuinely excited by the changes and disruptions occurring in the industry, but also ready to take a critical look at them. A deep knowledge of the industry and experience covering it is a plus, of course.
If you don’t have that, though, but you do have a real interest in the area and in business, and you’re a skilled editor who loves making good reporters better, we want to hear from you too.
- At least 6 years of writing or editing experience
- 3 years of management experience, or a strong sense of how editors should manage
- A passion for journalism and great writing and an unwavering dedication to accuracy
- Great organization, communication and interpersonal skills
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
To apply, go here.