CNET seeks a managing editor for news
Ideally located in New York area but remote opportunity.
What You’ll Do
- Build out, develop and manage a team of reporters tasked with tackling topics with in-depth coverage.
- Foster, flesh out and edit enterprise stories ranging from long-form profiles to exclusive features and scoops.
- Help plan out the News team’s strategy, from special reports to drawing up coverage plans for big events.
- Work with multiple CNET teams, from video producers to our product reviewers, to ensure we’re moving in lockstep with each other.
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of experience writing and covering a beat for a general or consumer tech site.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience in journalism preferred.
- Experience managing reporters.
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Meticulous organizational abilities.
- Comfortable operating under tight deadlines/breaking news situations
To apply, go here.