CNBC Select seeks an editor
CNBC Digital is looking to hire a talented editor to develop its financial coverage for a broad consumer audience under the New York City-based Select brand.
CNBC Select is a newly launched, consumer-friendly section of CNBC devoted to providing our readers with rigorous reviews and personal finance advice so they can make informed decisions about the financial products they use every day.
This Editor will be responsible for helping to build out service-oriented coverage area on credit, debt, credit cards and other financial products. Additionally, the Editor will be asked to pitch, assign, copy- and line-edit engaging content that inspires the curious reader. The ideal candidate will have an eye for detail, strong organizational skills, as well as a knack for making complex subjects interesting and relatable.
Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
- Proofreading stories thoroughly and editing copy on deadline
- Ensuring tone, grammar, syntax and structure of content is in line with editorial strategy
- Brainstorming functional, data-driven models to determine which specific kind of credit card, or other product, could best serve users
- Researching and assembling reliable, informative lists of recommendations
- Generating list ideas and story ideas and following through by assigning and editing
• At least 5 years of editing and/or copy-editing experience at a major publication
• Detail-oriented with outstanding communication skills
• Ability to quickly edit complicated financial news stories to ensure they are understandable and relatable for a broad user base
• Demonstrated experience in helping writers and editors improve and tighten copy under news deadlines
• Ability to work quickly and under pressure
• Excellent teamwork skills and strong work ethic
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
• Passionate about digital storytelling and creating the best user experience online, with proven experience in a creative environment
• Highly motivated and extremely organized
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news
• Curious about the world, sees story ideas everywhere, and can’t wait to bring them back to the team
To apply, go here.