CNBC seeks a segment producer
At CNBC, segment producers work within a show unit to pitch ideas as well as produce portions of a live 1- to 3-hour show.
Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
• Developing and producing live and taped guest segments.
• Implementing work independently with guidance from Senior and Executive producers.
• Finding and booking compelling guests for the show, following booking protocols.
• Conducting pre-interviews of guests and, based on their responses, scripting questions for use by anchors and reporters.
• Handling any necessary travel logistics for guests
• Writing compelling copy and teases.
• Securing elements such as sound bites and video to support segments.
• Creating stock charts, lower-thirds, chyrons, dekos, plug-ins and coordinate graphic orders.
• Partnering with other departments as needed (such as Graphics, Tech Ops, Satellite Operations) to place and follow-up on requests.
• Developing and maintaining good relationships with financial and business news sources.
• Generating original guest ideas daily, tapping into a broad array of sources for ideas.
• Assisting the EP and Senior Producer in the production of the show during and after tapings.
What we’ll offer:
At CNBC Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, you’ll have access to great perks and amenities:
• Sweat it out — Free onsite fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, basketball court and running course, plus daily group classes
• Eat up — Gourmet cafeteria with daily specials plus soup and salad bars
• Unwind — Massage therapy, ping pong tables, foosball
• Extras — Dry cleaning, shoe shining and sneak peeks
Don’t have a car? No problem! We offer free shuttle transportation to and from multiple locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Hoboken and Jersey City
To apply, go here.