CNBC seeks a San Francisco bureau chief
The CNBC San Francisco Bureau Chief is responsible for driving standout coverage of major technology companies, trends and local economic issues while establishing the bureau as a nerve center for the network’s influence among the Silicon Valley’s corporate leaders and investors.
The ideal candidate will build upon an existing network of contacts across industry as well as develop new, while and identifying event and non-linear content opportunities.
• Directs, along with senior Business Day executives, coverage of the technology industry
• Work closely with existing CNBC.com journalists in San Francisco to produce broadcast versions of digital stories and insure efficient news gathering and reporting
• Manages CNBC’s San Francisco bureau operations, in tandem with tech manager
• Organizes, supervises and plans coverage that originates in San Francisco bureau and region
• Supervises/manages/directs San Francisco staff (reporters, producers, other editorial assets in the region)
• Plays a key role in managing coverage of California-based business and economic stories
• Maintains consistent communication with CNBC headquarters on breaking news, feature development and long-form production opportunities
• Plays a key role in recruitment of CNBC on-air talent, field producers and broadcast contributors
• Establishes a network of sources in and around major technology companies, venture capital firms, law firms and investors
• Other duties as directed by the Senior Editorial Team
• Reports to the Managing Editor
To apply, go here.