CNBC Digital is looking for a reporter to join our company news team to help cover retailers and related businesses. This person will report on corporate earnings, executive shakeups and major developments at direct-to-consumer brands, such as Peloton, and emerging names, such as StockX, in a rapidly changing industry increasingly dependent on technology. The best candidates will have a proven ability to write quickly and accurately, and will be expected to collaborate closely with other members of the team.
What you’ll do:
- Cover an array of retailers, with a focus on publicly traded companies and intriguing upstarts.
- Develop sources and break news.
- Quickly write stories about earnings reports and other corporate disclosures.
- Dig up details and pursue interviews to flesh out news, analysis and step-back stories.
What we’ll offer:
At CNBC Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, you’ll have access to great perks and amenities:
Sweat it out — Free onsite fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, basketball court and running course, plus daily group classes
Eat up — Gourmet cafeteria with daily specials plus soup and salad bars; we also have a barista bar
Unwind — Massage therapy, ping pong tables, foosball
Extras — Dry cleaning, shoe shining and sneak peeks
Don’t have a car? No problem! We offer free shuttle transportation to and from multiple locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Hoboken and Jersey City
- Experience writing news for a large or notable digital outlet; business and/or financial news experience would be a plus, although not necessarily from a retail background
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that will include some early mornings
- Deep curiosity, competitive drive and keen eye for details that grab readers
- An eagerness to learn and take feedback
- Clips that demonstrate your ability to construct a clearly written, engaging and informative story
To apply, go here.