CNBC seeks a managing editor to oversee investing/personal finance
CNBC is building an editorial and production team for a special project to create actionable, relatable and uplifting personal finance and investing content which will inspire and empower the Millennial and Gen Z audience to make informed financial decisions.
The Managing Editor will oversee the editorial and production staff to create and deliver custom informational and educational content across digital platforms – including articles, videos, social media and infographics – targeting Millennial and Generation Z audience aligned with an optimistic target brand voice. In this role, the Managing Editor will lead daily editorial meetings, manage a deliverables calendar and direct news coverage.
Candidates should have a passion for personal finance, investing and education. This position should be comfortable using social media for news consumption, newsgathering and discovery. Ideal candidates should excel at teasing out fresh angles to cover.
Must have experience news editing, line editing and writing with voice. This individual should also have a flair for the fun, creative and unexpected in text, data visualization and multimedia. The Managing Editor will also be leading a team of digital video producers, so experience in video storytelling is a must.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Set overall strategy to deliver specialized news content for digital platforms
- Hire and manage 20+ person editorial and production team including writers, reporters, video producers, social media, graphics, and photography
- Oversee the creation of comprehensive and compelling specialized editorial content
- Cultivate unique, actionable personal finance content ideas for Millennial and Gen Z audience
- Establish and meet standards and guidelines
- Plan and manage all daily operations
- Manage daily pitch process, accepting or pushing back on pitches from both the editorial teams
- Ensure tone and mix of stories is in line with editorial strategy and standards of target brand voice
- Manage personnel schedules and enforce deadlines
- Read widely and monitor and stay ahead of the competition
- Track and meet target metric goals (UVs, impressions, shares, retention, etc)
To apply, go here.