CNBC seeks a managing editor to oversee Acorns partnership
CNBC is partnering with Acorns, the country’s fastest growing financial wellness system, on the importance of educating current and future investors. We are building an editorial and production team to create actionable, relatable and uplifting personal finance and investing content which will inspire and empower everyday Americans to make informed financial decisions.
The Managing Editor will oversee the editorial and production staff to create and deliver custom informational and educational content across digital platforms – including articles, videos, social media and infographics – targeting Millennial and Generation Z audience aligned with an optimistic target brand voice. In this role, the Managing Editor will lead daily editorial meetings, manage a deliverables calendar and direct news coverage.
Candidates should have a passion for personal finance, investing and education. This position should be comfortable using social media for news consumption, news gathering and discovery. Ideal candidates should excel at teasing out fresh angles to cover. Must have experience news editing, line editing and writing with voice. This individual should also have a flair for the fun, creative and unexpected in text, data visualization and multimedia. The Managing Editor will also be leading a team of digital video producers, so experience in video storytelling is a must.
Responsibilities May Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Set overall strategy to deliver specialized news content for digital platforms
- Hire and manage 20+ person editorial and production team including writers, reporters, video producers, social media, graphics, and photography
- Oversee the creation of comprehensive and compelling specialized editorial content
- Cultivate unique, actionable personal finance content ideas for Millennial and Gen Z audience
- Establish and meet standards and guidelines
- Plan and manage all daily operations
- Manage daily pitch process, accepting or pushing back on pitches from both the editorial teams
- Ensure tone and mix of stories is in line with editorial strategy and standards of target brand voice
- Manage personnel schedules and enforce deadlines
- Read widely and monitor and stay ahead of the competition
- Track and meet target metric goals (UVs, impressions, shares, retention, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent professional experience
- 8+ years of news writing/reporting/video producing experience primarily for a digital news platform
- Strong writing skills and news judgement, experience in business journalism and interest or experience in personal finance and investing topics
- Must have demonstrated experience with assigning, writing and editing stories, as well as managing staff
- Must be a skilled editor with outstanding communication abilities
- Working knowledge of digital media technology, particularly content-management tools
- Excellent teamwork and leadership skills, strong work ethic and passion
- Experience managing multifaceted projects
- Proven ability to come up with creative concepts
- Reliability and efficiency
- Detail-oriented problem solver who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment under news deadlines
- Someone with a strong desire to develop creatively
- Ability to think big, outside the box, and to take direction and feedback
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY or Englewood Cliffs, NJ
- Experience on social media platforms
- Experience editing video
- Someone who will behave like a site owner, have big thoughts and the courage to voice them
- A nimble understanding of the changing digital media landscape. Passionate and curious about “what’s next” in digital and proactively pushes the organization to develop systems that will keep up with the evolving ways that people get their news.
To apply, go here.