CNBC seeks a copy editor for “The News with Shepard Smith”
The News with Shepard Smith is looking for a Copy Editor to join the team! In this newscast, you will be an integral part to help widen our aperture to cover the most significant news stories of the day.
What you’ll do:
The Copy Editor will be responsible for overseeing spelling, syntax, grammar, style and ensuring consistency for written articles, video copy, graphics and social media posts. The Copy Editor will also help writers and producers with fact-checking and issues of structure and ensure that all written content has proper voice, context, balance, and clarity.
Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
- Proofread stories thoroughly and edit content copy on deadline
- Ensure tone of content is in line with editorial strategy set by Managing Editor
- Help establish and maintain style guidelines
- Assist writers, editors and producers with writing headlines and captions
- Special projects as assigned
To apply, go here.