CNBC is building a new team for a new one-hour evening news program titled The News with Shepard Smith, launching this Fall, and airing weekdays at 7pm ET. In this newscast, you will be an integral part to help widen our aperture to cover the most significant news stories of the day.
What you’ll do:
The Copy Editor will be responsible for overseeing spelling, syntax, grammar, style and ensuring consistency for written articles, video copy, graphics and social media posts. The Copy Editor will also help writers and producers with fact-checking and issues of structure and ensure that all written content has proper voice, context, balance, and clarity.
Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
- Proofread stories thoroughly and edit content copy on deadline
- Ensure tone of content is in line with editorial strategy set by Managing Editor
- Help establish and maintain style guidelines
- Assist writers, editors and producers with writing headlines and captions
- Special projects as assigned
What we’ll offer:
At CNBC Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, you’ll have access to great perks and amenities:
- Sweat it out — Free onsite fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, basketball court and running course, plus daily group classes
- Eat up — Gourmet cafeteria with daily specials plus soup and salad bars
- Unwind — Massage therapy, ping pong tables, foosball
- Extras — Dry cleaning, shoe shining and sneak peeks
Don’t have a car? No problem! We offer free shuttle transportation to and from multiple locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Hoboken and Jersey City.
To apply, go here.