CNBC seeking segment producer
At CNBC, segment producers work within a show unit to pitch ideas as well as produce portions of a live 1 – 3 hour show.
* Developing and producing live and taped guest segments. Implement work independently with guidance from Senior and Executive Producer.
* Find and book compelling guests for the show, following booking protocols.
* Conduct pre-interviews of guests and based on their responses script questions for use by anchors and reporters. Handle any necessary travel logistics for guests
* Write compelling copy and teases.
* Secure elements such as sound bites and video to support segments.
* Create stock charts, lower-thirds, chyrons, dekos, plug-ins and coordinate graphic orders. Partner with other departments as needed (such as Graphics, Tech Ops, Satellite Operations) to place and follow-up on requests.
* Develop and maintain good relationships with financial and business news sources.
* Generate original guest ideas daily, tapping into a broad array of sources for ideas.
* Assist Sr. Producer in the production of the show during and after tapings.
Minimum of 5 years of experience booking and producing in a live television environment with a demonstrated writing ability, research skills and telephone communication skills.
Prior experience booking guests and producing segments in a top 20 news market, national platform, or business news environment is strongly preferred.
Successful candidates will be self-starters with a highly developed rolodex who can work effectively under daily deadline pressure.
Solid writing skills and editorial judgment are essential.
Excellent interpersonal skills combined with a strong sense of how to visually tell a compelling story are also important. MBA, Wall Street/financial/business news background is a huge plus.
Proficiency with i-News computer system is preferred.
To apply, go here.