CNBC Make It seeks a money reporter
CNBC Digital is looking to hire a talented writer to develop its coverage under the NYC-based Make It brand. CNBC’s Make It is a fast-growing, consumer-friendly section of CNBC, devoted to aspirational content about entrepreneurship, leadership, careers, and money.
The Make It Money Reporter will be responsible for pitching and creating engaging content that inspires the curious reader. The ideal candidate will have strong reporting skills, as well as a knack for making complex subjects interesting and relatable.
Specific Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
• Generating story ideas, reporting, writing, and creating digital content.
• Collaborating with the digital video team to create informative and highly engaging videos.
• Helping grow the Make It brand and cultivating an engaged audience.
• Contributing to multi-platform news coverage when needed.
• Using social media to distribute and promote content.
• At least 3 years of experience as a writer and/or reporter, including the ability to perform and multi-task under pressure.
• Must be highly motivated, extremely organized, detail-oriented, and possess outstanding communication skills.
• Proven ability to report and write accurately and clearly in a fast-paced, deadline-driven news environment.
• Familiarity with following and reporting on current events, especially as they relate to politics, policy, business and finance.
• Familiarity and comfort with social media.
• Ability to convey to readers why, and how, high-level or abstract stories could affect them.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• Experience at large online content destination, such as a major online news site or financial newspaper.
• Passionate about digital storytelling and creating the best user experience online.
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news is preferred.
To apply, go here.