CNBC Make It seeks a careers reporter
CNBC Digital is looking to hire a talented reporter to develop its Careers coverage under the NYC-based CNBC Make It brand. CNBC Make It is a fast-growing, consumer-friendly section of CNBC, devoted to aspirational content about success, money, work, and life.
The Careers Reporter will be responsible for pitching and writing engaging content that inspires and informs the curious reader about the complexities, challenges and opportunities of today’s changing workplaces. This reporter will focus specifically on expanding CNBC’s digital coverage of women at work through our Closing the Gap franchise, generating stories based on interviews, news and new data, as well as enterprise stories and concepts for larger packages and lists.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated body of work in these coverage areas, strong reporting skills, as well as a knack for making complex subjects interesting and relatable and will be able to produce quick takes on the news as well as profiles and service stories.
Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
- Generating story ideas, reporting, writing, and creating digital content.
- Collaborating with the digital video team to create informative and highly engaging videos.
- Helping grow the Make It brand and cultivating an engaged audience.
- Contributing to multi-platform news coverage when needed.
- Using social media to distribute and promote content.
• At least 2 years of experience as a writer and/or reporter at a major publication.
• Must be detail-oriented, and possess outstanding communication skills.
• Proven ability to report and write accurately and clearly in a fast-paced, deadline-driven news environment.
• Demonstrated body of work in this coverage area.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience.
• Experience at a large online content destination, such as a major online news site or financial newspaper.
• Passionate about digital storytelling and creating the best user experience online, with proven experience in a creative environment.
• Highly motivated and extremely organized.
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news is preferred.
• Curious about the world, sees story ideas everywhere, and can’t wait to bring them back to the team.
To apply, go here.