CNBC Digital seeks investing journalist
CNBC PRO is an all-access pass to CNBC’s premium digital experience. It’s a comprehensive 24-hour online destination that provides behind-the-scenes content and tools for active investors and business decision makers.
The investing journalist will:
– Provide content for the new ‘CNBC Pro’ subscription product
– Create original and sophisticated stories about investing in stocks and other securities targeted for the specific CNBC Pro audience on tight deadlines
– Must have a good understanding of financial markets.
– Must be able to develop strong sourcing within the financial community.
– Must be able to identify the best strategies from hundreds of reports a week and many phone calls and turn them into exciting stories.
– Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
– Must be willing to submit to a background check
– Communication and interpersonal skills: Ability to present information concisely to a broad audience.
– Data journalism background is a plus, as would be experience on Wall Street.
– Influencing and persuading: Ability to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others
– Managing relationships and team working: Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Works co-operatively with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively
– Imagination/ creative thinking: Ability to offer creative story ideas and find innovative solutions to challenges
– Analytical thinking: Able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts explore and evaluate them systematically.
– Planning and organizing: Able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for themselves and others. Prioritizes and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines and resources requirements relevant issues.
To apply, go here.