CNBC is seeking a creative Social Media Director to set and execute our social strategies for CNBC Digital.
Reporting directly to the Managing Editor of Audience Growth, the Social Media Director will supervise our social media team to increase traffic and engagement across all platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat and Twitter, as well as emerging platforms. This key role is for thoughtful social media expert and manager with a proven track record for expanding a news brand’s social reach.
Responsibilities of the Social Media Director may include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and execute social strategy across our social channels
• Manage and monitor social media platforms for CNBC Digital, including CNBC.com and Make It, CNBC’s sister site
• Oversight of daily posting and engagement across social channels
• Create highly shareable multi-media stories to grow audience engagement
• Work closely with other department leaders to create content
• Develop, enhance and maintain relationships with editorial talent
• Build and enhance key internal and external social media contacts (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat)
• Maintain and develop social partnerships with other media organizations.
• Minimum of 5 years working in social media at a news operation or an agency with a focus on news and storytelling
• Strong news judgment and a good sense of the trending topics that will resonate with our audience and showcase the CNBC.com and Make It brands
• Previous experience managing & motivating direct reports, with demonstrable expertise in setting team vision and strategy
• Excellent writing, editing, & organizational abilities
• Experience managing or working on a site that achieved significant growth on social media channels
• Ability to navigate a matrixed structure and work collaboratively with peers across the organization
• Desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive environment
• Strong collaboration skills
• Passionate about leading people
To apply, go here.