The Deputy Digital News Editor works at the heart of the editorial team updating the global site, covering stories, market updates, features and online video, all within tight deadlines.
• Act as a hotseat for CNBC.com updating the site in a timely manner using strong editorial judgement and knowledge of business and financial news
• Copy edit stories, slideshows and video captions with accuracy on a tight deadline
• Write stories on a variety of subjects including financial markets, business trends, economy and economic policy
• Ensure the smooth running of the website, including updating of main European and Asian pages with headlines and breaking news
• Curate the website by selecting stories from wires and partners
• Produce stories in the content management system in a fast and timely manner
• Assign work to other writers and coordinate production to ensure website is updated at all times
• Add value to CNBC.com stories by incorporating video, story links, slideshows, graphics etc.
• Remain in close communication with television producers to ensure co-ordination on stories
• Deputise for the Digital News Editor.
• Monitor the success of CNBC.com’s content using analytic tools.
• Ensure CNBC.com’s content is given the maximum exposure on social media such as Twitter
• In-depth knowledge of the content and subject material covered on CNBC and a strong interest in financial markets and economics
• Strong copy-editing skills under tight deadlines, especially the ability to spot mistakes, errors and typos
• Experience of commissioning and editing stories from reporters in a fast-paced news environment
• Enthusiasm for discovering and experimenting in new ways of digital storytelling
• Previous experience in updating a website, hotseating or hot-desking
• Understanding of global financial markets and how events in different economies and markets can affect each other
• Ability to multi-task and remain calm in a fast-paced news environment
• Ability to work in a team and across all departments and locations, ensuring a smooth running web site that is 100% accurate
• Excellent verbal communication skills, coupled with strong research and succinct writing skills.
• Demonstrated self-starter, with the confidence to make decisions quickly in a fast paced news environment.
• Demonstrated understanding of internet technologies, web design and production environments, video editing and video asset management tools
• Fluency in English
• Flexibility in working shifts, some of which start very early in the morning
To apply, go here.