CNBC.com seeks an auto reporter
CNBC Digital is looking for an auto reporter to cover the industry’s biggest and hottest carmakers, focusing on Ford, General Motors, Fiat Chrysler and Tesla in the U.S.
The ideal candidate will be able to juggle both breaking real-time news as well as long-form features and executive profiles. It’s a demanding and expansive beat with news that spans the globe and requires a reporter who can also stay on top of the latest happenings in Europe or Asia while breaking news and covering trends in autonomous driving and electrification.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Generating story ideas, breaking news and cultivating sources at high levels in the executive suites of the companies, labor unions, legal and investment communities.
- Covering breaking news with accuracy and authority in real time.
- Covering auto earnings, corporate finance and other investment news that matters to our core readers.
- Writing long-form features, investigative projects, executive profiles as well as some video scripts.
• At least 5 years experience as a beat reporter or editor, preferably with experience covering the automotive, manufacturing or technology industries.
• Proven track record breaking news and filing stories in a fast-paced, real-time news environment.
• A collaborative demeanor as well as experience working and coordinating with multiple teams and across multiple platforms: social media, TV and digital video.
• The ability to perform in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment.
• Strong writing, reporting, social media and technical skills.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including mornings, evenings, and/or weekends when necessary.
• Must be highly motivated, extremely organized, detail-oriented, and possess outstanding communication skills.
• BA or college-level equivalent.
• Experience at a major online news site, daily financial publication or the business desk of a midsize daily newspaper.
• Passionate about internet storytelling and creating the best user experience online, with proven experience in a creative environment.
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news.
• Knowledge of television production process is helpful.
• Solid understanding of web standards, design and usability.
To apply, go here.