CNBC is seeking a Technology News Editor to help manage a team of news writers covering the technology industry.
- Help make CNBC Digital the top-read and most-respected source of tech industry news.
- Guide Technology news coverage for CNBC.com in the mornings.
- Assign and edit a wide variety of story types, including fast-breaking news, follow-up analysis, and features.
- Contribute next-minute and longer-term analysis about the people and companies in the tech industry.
- Act as a liaison to teams in digital, TV, product, and other parts of the company.
• At least 3 years’ experience covering news in a fast-paced digital environment.
• Demonstrated ability to edit and write copy under quick deadline.
• Interest in and familiarity with the most important people and companies in the technology industry.
• Business finance experience and interest – comfortable reading balance sheets, S-1 filings, etc.
• Strong news judgment and understanding of online audiences.
• Familiarity with audience measurement and development tools and techniques (Omniture, Parse.ly, SEO, social media).
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ—perks include free shuttle, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria, and more!
• Some management experience preferred.
• Some experience managing complex editorial workflows across multiple teams.
• Creative ability to generate relevant pitches for analysis and features.
• Comfort with a wide variety of communication tools and styles.
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
To apply, go here.