CNBC.com seeks a sports business reporter
CNBC Digital is looking for a reporter to cover the business of sports, from the biggest free agents to the biggest broadcasting deals. The ideal candidate will be able to juggle both breaking real-time news as well as long-form features and profiles of the industry’s biggest rainmakers, including the athletes, team owners, corporate sponsors and media. It’s a demanding and expansive beat with news that spans across every major sports league, the Olympics, sports betting and high-profile athletes.
Responsibilities could include but are not limited to:
- Generating story ideas, breaking news and cultivating sources at high levels in the players unions, the biggest sports agents, NFL, NHL, NFL, MLB and other sports leagues.
- Covering breaking news with accuracy and authority in real time.
- Writing long-form features, investigative projects, profiles as well as some video scripts.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience as a beat reporter or editor, preferably with experience covering entertainment, sports business or sports.
• Proven track record breaking news and filing stories in a fast-paced, real-time news environment.
• Experience working and coordinating with multiple teams and across multiple platforms: social media, TV and digital video.
• The ability to perform in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment.
• Strong writing, reporting, social media and technical skills.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including mornings, evenings, and/or weekends when necessary.
• Must be highly motivated, extremely organized, detail-oriented, and possess outstanding communication skills.
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
• BA or college-level equivalent.
• Experience at a major online news site, daily financial publication or the business desk of a midsize daily newspaper.
• Passionate about internet storytelling and creating the best user experience online, with proven experience in a creative environment.
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news.
• Knowledge of television production process helpful.
• Solid understanding of web standards, design and usability.
To apply, go here.