CNBC is looking for a health-care reporter to expand and develop our digital coverage.
This reporter will handle quick-hitting, breaking news stories on the health-care industry as well as work to develop more in-depth features and analysis. The focus will range from bio-tech and pharmaceutical coverage to lifestyle products to help older or more active consumers.
Responsibilities of Health-Care Reporter could include, but are not limited to:
- Generate story ideas and stay on top of trends in the health-care industry.
- Cultivate sources with the goal of breaking news about the people and companies in the industry.
- Develop stories alone or in collaboration with other members of the health-care team.
- Collaborate with digital team (including video and social media) and television news staff.
• At least 1 year of experience as a writer and/or editor, including the ability to perform in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment, ideally in a digital-first setting.
• BA or college-level equivalent.
• Strong writing, reporting, social media and multimedia skills.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including mornings, evenings, and/or weekends when necessary.
• Must be highly motivated, extremely organized and detail-oriented, and possess outstanding communication skills.
• Proven ability to edit and write accurately and clearly in a fast-paced news environment.
• A body of work that demonstrates knowledge of the beat and an ability to develop trusted sources at the key companies along with the external advisers.
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news is preferred.
• Understanding of the Food and Drug Administration drug approval process, experience using FOIAs, court documents and other public sources.
• Knowledge of television production process helpful.
• Solid understanding of web standards, design, and usability.
To apply, go here.