Chicken Soup for the Soul is looking for writers
We all have them! Those eccentric, goofy, wacky, lovable, and oh so fun family members—the ones we tell all the stories about. They could be a parent or grandparent, an in-law, a brother or sister, an aunt, uncle or cousin. Or grown children.
Share your true stories and poems about those family members. With love and appreciation, please. No mean- spirited stories wanted. And don’t worry. You can put a pen name on your story if necessary.
Deadline: 30 May 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Since 1993, Chicken Soup for the Soul has been a socially conscious company that combines storytelling with making the world a better place. We began by being as inclusive as possible in the pages of our books, publishing stories by people of all faiths, nationalities, ethnicities, sexual orientation and gender identities.
Here are some suggested topics, but we know you will have many more ideas:
- Faux pas, misunderstandings, gaffes of all kinds
- Eccentric to a fault
- Family feuds
- Family traditions that need to end… now!
- Weddings, funerals, and other family events
- Birthdays and gift-giving
- Meeting the family
- Silly family fun
- Childhood hijinks
- Holiday hysterics
- Kooky compulsions and obsessions
- Estate issues – that’s mine and you can’t have it!
- Moving back in with your parents
- Having your children move back in
- Vacationing together
- Marriage! Need we say more?
- Blended families
- Outlandish, amusing and annoying habits
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN SUBMISSION
- Write a short introduction about yourself
- Include a paragraph highlighting your writing experience, relevant credentials and publication credits
- Attach links to your strongest work or portfolio, and online profile.
- $200 per article
For more information, visit their website.