Chicago Public Media seeks interns
Chicago Public Media is seeking interns for its newsroom, podcast, talk show and multi-media teams.
- Many, but not all interns have completed college or some other form of education and/or certification in the journalism or media field(s)
- Many go on to careers in public media or other outlets. Many have found their way back to WBEZ, too
- The pay is $14/hour, non-negotiable
- Scheduled work weeks are up to 24 hours/week
- Internships last approximately 6 months, running January 2021 through June 2021
What the company wants candidates to display in their resumes, cover letters and interview conversations:
- Curiosity and the willingness to learn
- Understanding of the value of bringing together diverse perspectives
- Specific skills you want to learn during the internship
- If applicable, any links to a portfolio of writing samples; audio, video, or multimedia packages; or other completed work that may be relevant to this opening
Applications are being accepted through October 12, 2020.