Chicago Booth seeks senior editor for Stigler Center blog
- Managing editorial responsibility for content published on the blog, under the guidance of the Faculty Director
- Supervise content of Writer/Editor
- Coordinate on all publications and timing with Director
- Prepare recurring editorial plan of all content. Tweak it during the months according to current events, news
- Coordinate with the editorial board on the topics to promote, the relevant Stigler-related academic papers, stories, and interviews for the blog
- Brainstorm and produce engaging, best in class posts and drive engagement
- Work across all social media channels
- Work closely with the blog Writer/Editor, assign writing tasks, guidance, and editing of posts
- Coordinate with the ProMarket Writer/Editor in managing the social media accounts for the center
- Encourage academics to write for the blog and assist them if needed in preparing their posts
- Make sure there are at least 3 posts per week and have own posts ready to be published in case of any last-minute need
- Work with the Stigler Center’s Research Professionals to improve the graphics of the blog
- Make sure all Stigler events, talks, working papers, and conferences are promoted and covered
- Enhance and manage PR and Media relationships
- Coordinate themes and promote the content of Capitalisn’t, the podcast of the Stigler Center
- Assist with the writing and editing of content related to Stigler Center’s activities (e.g., Annual Reports, Project Proposals, marketing material for events and conferences, etc.)
Education, Experience or Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in economics or political science.
- A minimum four years of experience in economic journalism and editing required.
- Experience in research, proofreading and fact-checking under tight deadlines required.
- Experience in providing commentary, with an emphasis on political economy and business issues required.
- Experience in Social Media practices required.
- Digital publishing experience required.
- Content based social strategist experience required.
- Experience with international working environment preferred.
- Experience in multiple media – not just print, but also audio, video, and interactive preferred.
- Portfolio demonstrating experience with a variety of writing styles and mediums, including profiles, interviews, web copy, emails, fact sheets, PowerPoint presentations, etc. required.
- Experience and demonstrated success in conducting high-level interviews with limited preparation time, and in a friendly, professional manner required.
- Experience with elite interviews – top academics and policymakers – preferred.
- Experience in research and reporting across the globe preferred.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tollsand experience in setting up and optimizing Google AdWords campaigns required.
- Ability to write clear, accurate, engaging headlines with SEO best practices required.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Collaborative and flexible required.
- English as a native language required.
- Knowledge of one or more foreign languages preferred.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, and produce a high volume of work under tight deadlines required.
- Ability to work effectively and collaborate in a team environment, both from a creative and executional standpoint required.
- Knowledge of MS Office including Word and PowerPoint required.
- Cover letter
To apply, go here.