Cheddar seeks reporters for various beats
Cheddar is seeking reporters to cover transportation, gaming/esports, cannabis, retail/e-commerce, and big tech.
The ability to cover these areas through the lens of their dominant players — whether it be Amazon’s reshaping of the retail sector or Tesla’s impact on other car makers — is a must.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of breaking original stories and providing smart analysis that will be relevant to Cheddar’s hyper-curious, business-savvy audience. This person has excellent news judgement and knows how to find unique approaches to covering a crowded beat.
This role requires someone who can be equally comfortable with writing and appearing on camera. Exclusive stories should be impactful enough to command the attention of other news organizations. The ideal candidate will already know how to develop sources on a beat and can demonstrate a thorough understanding of best journalistic practices and ethics.
- Deliver a reliable stream of exclusive, impactful reporting that’s communicated through text and video.
- Give regular on-air analysis and commentary related to news on your respective beat.
- Occasionally interview executives and industry newsmakers on your respective beat.
- At least two to three years of experience at an established news publication.
- A proven track record of delivering original, exclusive reporting on at least one of the following beats: transportation, gaming, retail, cannabis, or a big tech company like Google.
- Experience with business and financial news coverage. You should be able to analyze and contextualize a company’s quarterly earnings results.
- Ability to write crystal-clear copy efficiently and quickly.
- Ability to effectively communicate on-camera in a fast-paced, live news TV environment.
- A passion for breaking news and a collaborative spirit.
To apply, go here.