Cheddar is looking for enterprising, creative reporters who can deliver original, exclusive competitive beats like media, fintech/cryptocurrency, the future of transportation, and tech’s biggest players. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of breaking stories that will be relevant to Cheddar’s audiences and command the attention of other news organizations.
This candidate will know how to develop sources and have an acute and deep understanding of their respective beats. This person will need to be equally comfortable with delivering news in written form and on camera along with being able to analyze the top news of the day in their field of expertise. The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of best journalistic practices and ethics.
- Deliver a reliable stream of exclusive, impactful reporting that’s communicated through video and text.
- Deliver regular on-air analysis/commentary on respective beat.
- Contribute written content for Cheddar’s email newsletters.
- A proven track record of delivering original reporting on at least one of the following beats: fintech, cryptocurrency, transportation, tech startups, or a big tech company like Google.
- Experience with business and financial news coverage.
- Understanding of financial markets and investing.
- Ability to write clean copy quickly and without the need of heavy editing.
- Ability to easily convey news and information on-camera in a fast-paced live news network environment.
- Familiarity with content management systems and other tools of Internet publishing.
- Four years of experience at an established publication or broadcast outlet.
- A passion for breaking news and a collaborative spirit.
To apply, go here.