The Chattanooga Times Free Press is looking for a reporter to join its criminal justice team, bringing a passion for producing competitive dailies along with deeper enterprise.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- The job requires a great work ethic
- A team mindset
- Lots of creativity.
- You should be able to work collaboratively with other beats and disciplines.
- You must be able to stay on top of a court calendar and use it as a springboard to stories that go beyond prelims and bind-overs.
- We want you to spot trends, mine data and hold the powerful to account with enterprise and investigative coverage.
- You must be driven to tell stories in new ways across many platforms.
- At least two years of experience at a daily or community news outlet is preferred.
The Times Free Press is part of a financially solid, privately owned media company with a newsroom that values mission-driven journalism and community service. The newspaper has been a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize three times since 2013.
Chattanooga is a phenomenal place to live. It is one of the top outdoor destinations in the country and has become a magnet for major industries over the past decade. Our internet is so fast, they call it Gig City. There is a thriving downtown along the Tennessee River, and the city is within a two-hour drive of Atlanta and Nashville.
Interested? Send an email outlining how you would approach this important beat to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include work samples, and attach a resume including references. Please include “criminal justice” in the email subject line to make sure your application is routed properly.
For more information click here.