The Kennebec Journal and Morning Sentinel newspapers seek an accomplished supervising editor to lead our universal copydesk, which handles the staff’s ambitious community journalism for print and online platforms.
- The universal desk editor will oversee the flow and design of print pages
- Assist in editing daily and weekend copy
- Think of new ways we can tell stories with digital elements
- Contribute to the development of local enterprise coverage.
- The right candidate for this position will also be driven to innovate our online presence, leading strategy efforts to reach new audiences and engage with readers.
Key duties also include:
- Scheduling and supervising the universal desk staff
- Editing local copy and photo cutlines, making sure they are accurate, well written, and adhere to AP and local style
- Directing stories and photos for print and online at CentralMaine.com, including the curation of our homepage and deployment of social media posts, alerts and other targeted channels
- Handling late-breaking news with urgency
- Making sure print deadlines are met and story headlines are accurate and compelling.
- The job also requires excellent writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of print and online news workflow
- A proven ability to work with reporters and editors while maintaining high standards of professionalism.
We offer: Health, dental and vision insurance; short/long-term disability and life insurance; employee Assistance Program; and 401k with company match. We are an EEO employer.
Send a cover letter and resume to Managing Editor Scott Monroe at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an EEO employer.
For more details click here.