WCBS-TV/WLNY-TV/CBS News New York is seeking a seasoned journalist to join our team as a weekend anchor/reporter. In addition to a strong presence in the field and on the anchor desk, the successful candidate will be a leader in the newsroom by advocating for important stories in communities throughout the tri-state area.
- Must demonstrate a history of ethical reporting that offers context and insight on news of the day
- Must be an engaging, visual storyteller who crafts stories from anchor intro to tag
- Must value writing as a craft, choosing words thoughtfully to create memorable stories
- Must be a skilled live reporter with a track record of demonstrative live shots
- Must value collaboration and experimentation in all aspects of the job
- Must meet daily expectations set by the news team, including delivering stories on deadline
- Must regularly leverage social media to develop story ideas and engage with audiences by providing updates on developing stories
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be willing to travel for special assignments
- 5+ years of experience reporting in a large market
- Previous experience anchoring in a medium/large market
- Degree in journalism or a related field
- Knowledge of the tri-state area is a plus
Hiring Salary Range: $106,080.00 – 195,000.00.
For further information click here.