KCBS2/KCAL9 TV, the CBS Owned & Operated Duopoly in Los Angeles, is taking applications for Fulltime Reporters. The ideal candidate brings credibility, dynamic presentation, warmth and confidence to our newscasts. You must demonstrate the ability to handle breaking news effortlessly and have a passion for telling memorable stories in the field. To be considered you must be willing to work any shift and agree to shoot and edit video using a light consumer-grade camera. In addition to on-air duties, this position will represent the duopoly at a variety of public and station events.
- Report live and on tape, scripted and unscripted, with clarity, accuracy and confidence
- Collaborate effectively with a wide range of personnel to create compelling content
- Maintain a steadfast commitment to accuracy and fairness
- Write clearly and interestingly, and use video and graphics to illustrate story facts and ideas
- Deliver strong live shots
- Build sources, enterprise stories, and have a track record of landing exclusive interviews and stories
Candidates must have:
- Five years’ experience on air, preferably anchoring in a top 20 market.
- Social media savviness
- Experience shooting and editing with Prosumer camera
Minimum Education Level:
- College degree or equivalent experience
Hiring Salary Range: $125,000.00 – 200,000.00.
For further information click here.