CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella.
CBS News and Stations is seeking an experienced and creative leader to join our team at CBS Newspath to help innovate, manage and produce content! The ideal candidate will be a hardworking, problem- solver for their regional unit and will lead their team to coordinate news gathering and sharing with CBS affiliates, CBS News entities and Newspath clients.
- Work with Newspath managers to identify the top stories of the day from their region and then work with their regional team to ensure elements, from live feeds to taped video, are available for CBS affiliates to accurately tell those stories on broadcast and digital platforms.
- Coordinate news gathering efforts in their region, edit and publish videos, scripts, and super information to NewspathNow.com, our hub for content.
- Manage all assignments for your region and make sure NewspathNow.com has all the sound and video making headlines.
- Take the lead on futures planning for your region, identifying major upcoming events, anniversaries, court cases, and developments in ongoing news-stories.
- Schedule team members and approve time off requests.
- Handle newsgathering projects, coordinate Newspath and early CND response to breaking news, respond to video and editorial requests from CND broadcasts, owned stations, affiliates, clients, and producing live shots.
- Must be familiar with all major social media platforms and vehicles for engaging audiences on a digital level. This includes – but is not limited to – Facebook, Facebook Live, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, and YouTube. Part of this position’s editorial responsibilities is to be able to spot viral and pre-trending content and turn it around for our brand. You must be proficient in the feel and best practices for social-friendly videos (including rights & clearances).
- Minimum 5 years producing experience in a professional newsroom.
- Non-linear editing experience required. Proficiency with Avid preferred.
- Must be an excellent writer with good oral communication skills. Including experience in quickly writing, reviewing, and revising scripts/rundowns
- Must have solid news judgment and experience with breaking news and live shots and extensive knowledge of television and digital news gathering, production, and delivery
- Must be a great teammate with a positive outlook and be available to work various schedules.
- Supervisory experience is preferable with good leadership skills and ability to motivate a team, including experience with scheduling
- Thrives in fast paced and time-critical situations. Ability to multi-task is essential.
- Degree in broadcast journalism or related field preferred.
- Passion for news, journalism, and social media.
- Candidates must have strong editorial skills, as well as highly developed relationship building and customer service skills.
- This position requires high energy and persistence as well as an understanding of TV newsgathering and transmission technology. The ability to effectively communicate with Newspath newsroom managers, CBS stations and network broadcast managers is a must.
Hiring Salary Range: $85,600.00 – 100,000.00.
For more details click here.