CBS Television WPCW Pittsburgh is looking for a passionate person who loves to tell a story. A story that has an impact to our community. A story that is a megaphone for our people. A person that strives on the written word, yet uses a lens to showcase the content. We are looking for our next Multi Skilled Journalist that keeps passion at the top of their resume.
This person will shoot, write, edit, and report news stories for CBS Pittsburgh. Will turn content, front multiple live shots, write copy for the stations website and use all social media to promote their assignments.
- Daily gathering of news and information for various platforms including TV, Digital and Streaming
- Effective communicator in the field with story composition and live reporting
- Thrives on the ability to multi-task while meeting deadlines
- Excellent news judgment, ability to problem-solve
- Key collaborator with team of producers and managers
- Strong writing and reporting skills; proven ability to react to breaking news situations
- Skilled interviewer & creative storyteller and writer
- Ability to shoot, write & edit
- Able to generate enterprise stories that are compelling and provide a viewer benefit
- Able to build and manage contacts in the community for developing impactful stories
- Passionate self-starter!
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- College Degree preferred
- At least 3 years of experience as an MSJ reporting in a commercial broadcast setting including regular live reporting; daily live reporting preferred; proven experience generating enterprise or investigative story angles a plus
- Knowledge of social media and how to use it to promote to broadcast and the web; experience writing for the web required
- Knowledge of iNews rundown systems and Grass Valley Stratus, and Edius editing solutions preferred
- Experience with emerging media techniques and equipment in a newsroom setting a plus
- Must be able to work all shifts
- Union member position
For more details click here.