California paper seeks business reporter
The Ventura County Star is seeking a business reporter with a minimum 3-5 years experience. This is your opportunity to join the USA TODAY NETWORK, and work in one of the most desirable locations in the country.
We want a reporter who can help connect readers to the business world in an understandable way. You must be a digital-focused reporter who is adept at providing in-depth yet conversational storytelling within the world of business. We tell our stories on our digital platforms and then publish them in print.
You must be willing engage our audience through social media and other digital and personal platforms, keeping them abreast of the business information and news that matters to them, and providing them the deeper and broader stories they cannot find elsewhere.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism and/or communications. Generally 3-5 years of experience in a related field.
- Creating social media buzz; engaging our audience and using real-time reporting tools. Ability to use data to generate compelling stories is a plus.
- Ability to shoot and edit photos and video to help tell your stories
- The ideal candidate should have strong writing and social media skills.
- Flexibility to work nights or weekends if necessary.
- Spanish, preferred.
- Thoroughly understands the reporting fundamentals.
- Must be able to write clearly and succinctly on a variety of topics.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and web publishing tools.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a good driving record.
To apply, go here.