BuzzFeed seeks tech editor
BuzzFeed News is seeking a capable and ambitious Tech Editor to play a central role in building our San Francisco bureau from the ground up. The Tech Editor will report to the San Francisco Bureau Chief and work closely with both the bureau chief and the Executive Editor, News to hire and edit a team of reporters, and manage the day-to-day of BuzzFeed’s tech coverage.
The ideal candidate is an experienced editor who can help reporters with varying levels of experience produce incisive and sparkling stories — from deeply reported features to quick scoopy items. She or he has big ideas on how to execute groundbreaking reporting on a wide variety of beats: from robots to privacy, from the world’s biggest tech companies to labor in a sharing economy.
- Partner with the SF Bureau Chief to recruit and hire a team of reporters covering a wide variety of beats
- Edit writers in the bureau and work with them to develop story ideas
- Manage the day-to-day workflow of the tech team
- Proven track record of excellent editing
- Ideas for what BuzzFeed tech coverage should look like
- Excitement for building something completely new
- Comfort with editing many different types of writing and writers
Interested candidates should submit the following with their application:
- Detailed resume
- Cover letter explaining why you’re the right person to help us build this bureau, and an idea of what it could be
- Candidate may be asked to complete an edit test
To apply, go here.