Business Insider seeks senior editor of investigations
Insider Inc. is looking for a senior investigations editor to help lead our growing investigative team.
We write for Business Insider and Insider, where we’ve broken stories on Jeffrey Epstein’s ties to prominent financiers, the toxic culture at Mike Bloomberg’s company, allegations of assault inside Mark Zuckerberg’s family office, and much more. We also assist, and frequently collaborate with, other reporters and editors in our growing newsroom. Our scope is expanding, and we want to further staff up our team.
- The ability to render complicated stories and deep-dive investigative pieces into compelling, gripping tales.
- An interest in collaborating with our reporters to shore up sourcing, sharpen their reporting skills, and help them dig up the information their stories need.
- A knack for discovering new ways of bolstering our coverage and growing the desk to its full potential.
- A background as a reporter.
- Experience shepherding stories through legal review and calmly facing down contentious subjects.
- Comfort editing stories on a diverse range of topics.
- A sharp eye for story presentation and skill at packaging.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.