Business Insider seeks management and strategy reporter
Business Insider is looking for a business journalist who can cover the top decision-makers at large companies and drill down into what makes them and their ideas successful.
Our Prime management and strategy reporter will take a breaking news story and spot the smart, big-picture business angle to pull out of it. They will map out the managerial and organizational hurdles that face large companies as they take on new opportunities, acquire and merge with competitors, and rapidly scale growth.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Writes quickly, incisively, and concisely
- Has 3-5 years of reporting experience
- Can go toe-to-toe with high-powered executives
- Knows their Adam Grant from their Clay Christensen from their Beth Comstock
- Possesses a working knowledge of management and leadership and related fields as both research and practitioner disciplines
- Is thrilled to tease apart the operational minutiae involved in making business happen
- Regularly gets sources on the phone just to learn what they’re hearing and seeing
- Can tell you what the top three business stories of the day are if you stop them in the hall
- Finds the stories buried within think tank reports, economic analyses, and academic studies
- Has an expansive view of the C-suite: You’ll know who to talk to when we need a chief revenue officer or a head of sustainability
This is a full-time position based in our New York office. Business Insider offers competitive compensation packages, including full benefits.
To apply, go here.