Business Insider seeks junior reporter to cover executive travel
Business Insider is hiring a junior reporter covering executive travel to join the executive lifestyle team.
In this role, you will become an expert in the worlds of business travel and luxury travel. Business Insider wants to know about the untold destinations the wealthy are jetting off to; the little-known resorts that CEOs are currently flocking to; and the yachts, planes, and everything in between they take to get there — not to mention the travel hacks that let them balance their work lives with their personal lives. The ideal candidate will be eager to tell these stories in whatever format best serves the story.
Part of the role will involve identifying, working with, and interviewing freelance photographers to assemble compelling, diverse narratives that tie into the broader themes of executive lifestyle, real estate, and travel.
Business Insider is looking for someone with:
- Excellent writing, communication and time management skills
- A passion for both narrative and visually driven storytelling
- A good sense of what makes a story irresistible to readers
- A diverse collection of sources, blogs, and websites that they read and draw inspiration from
- Comfort and experience working under deadlines in a fast-paced newsroom
- Willingness to work across the executive lifestyle team on varied story ideas on an as-needed basis
This role, based in New York, is in-house, full-time, with occasional opportunities to embark on day-long reporting trips.