Business Insider seeks careers and strategy editor
Business Insider is hiring a full-time strategy and careers editor.
This editor should be:
- hungry for the best management strategies
- curious about what it’s really like to work at Starbucks or McDonald’s
- nosy about the decor (not to mention the snacks) inside the hottest startups
- unable to put down a book that promises to save you an hour a day
- fascinated by a CEO who wakes up at 4:30 a.m. to work out and meditate
The ideal candidate can sift through the noise of experts and advice to pluck out the concrete tips, unique insights, and resonant stories that will help readers get closer to success in work and life.
They should also be able to write great headlines, put together catchy features, and be bursting with ideas for how to make the section a vibrant must-read.
The editor should expect to write daily and work closely with our personal finance and executive life teams, as well as manage at least two reporters and full-time interns.
Ideal candidates will also have:
- The ability to translate expert, nuanced advice into clear, straightforward articles
- Interest in digital media and how readers consume news on the web
- At least two years of experience writing and/or editing at a magazine or online publication
- Copy-editing skills, light HTML and Photoshop experience, and knowledge of social media are also useful
To apply, go here.