Business Insider seeks assistant managing editor
At Insider Inc,. our motto is to “get better every day.” An AME is a crucial person in our newsroom who helps achieve this goal. AMEs are excited to bring new talent into the newsroom and help reporters grow and learn in their careers. As we expand our newsroom to go deeper on the things that make Business Insider great, the AME will help us find the right people to add to the team.
We’re looking for someone who is an excellent communicator, is organized, and has endless enthusiasm for digital journalism and for helping their colleagues be great at their jobs.
Some responsibilities will include:
- Posting jobs and screening fellowship applications
- Recruiting and interviewing candidates
- On-boarding new hires and helping familiarize them with Insider Inc.
- Setting up skill-building seminars and series across the newsroom
- Making Insider Inc. a great place to work
- Impeccable communication and organization skills
- At least a year of professional experience in a digital newsroom
- Some experience with recruiting and hiring
- Comfort with managing and advising staff
This is a full-time position based in our New York office. Insider Inc. offers competitive compensation packages with complete benefits.
To apply, go here.